Vegan Bok Choy Indian Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoons ground fenugreek
- 1 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 bok choy washed, feet removed, and roughly chopped
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk or full fat coconut cream
- 1/2 cups vegetable stock
Share This Recipe
Heat oil in a large skillet, add onions and garlic. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes max or until fragrant and golden.
Add all the ground spices: curry powder, turmeric, fenugreek and grated ginger. Stir fry 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the roughly chopped Bok Choy and toss with tongs until it wilts, then cover and reduce to medium/low heat to simmer 3-4 minutes.
Uncover and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on high/medium heat to evaporate the vegetable juice slightly.
Stir in coconut milk and vegetable stock, then continue cooking for 10 more minutes until a thick liquid reduces.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, chili flakes, and fresh coriander.